Monday, February 22, 2010

Tot School

Tot School
C is 21.5 months

 
Ever since I saw this at Tired, Need Sleep I knew I would want to eventually make them. I didn't know it would be so soon :) C was playing with the (clean) inserts of her diapers (we use cloth) and making letters with them. So I thought I would cut up some foam pieces for her to play with. I have only made the lines, I will do curves later.

 
Before I cut out the letter O - I helped her make orange ovals on the letter O using her fingerprint

  
Here is the Orange Ovals and the Orange Octopus
 For the octopus I painted her palm and fingers and made 2 prints.
Then just painted 1 finger and made the legs longer.

 
I let her paint with leftover orange paint from the octopus

All the letters we have so far
(Century Gothic font, outlined and bold -size 500)


 Other O activities we did

We talked a lot about opposites - 
She played with these ribbons I made awhile back and practiced up/down, high/low, fast/slow, back/front.
 Also talked about loud/quiet, open/close, in/out and on/off.

Went outside a few times to enjoy the decent WI winter weather we have been having.

Watching the Olympics -- She likes to see the people on the Ice and Snow :)

check out 1+1+1=1 for more Tot School ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I love the orange octopus. Very cute!

    Thanks for the font/size suggestion for making our own letters!

    Now I'm off to follow the link to the foam letter pieces...

    ReplyDelete